[vorbis-dev] comment field proposal

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Fri May 12 14:54:07 PDT 2000

> If we are going to put album info in a file (Album name, track number)
> then how about CDDBID.

We (and the person encoding) can choose to include/not include what they wish.
 No field is mandantory, so as long as the field isn't just silly (or an
abuse), there's no reason not to suggest and include it.  Otherwise, third
parties could all decide to do it... with different names...

> Also, date? Copyright date for song/album.

...and perhaps even copyright info.  Not for security of course, just for
informational purposes.  That alone would be good spin and at least as robust
as other format's 'security' ;-)

Monty