[vorbis-dev] Re: auth stuff

Karsten N. Strand karsn at online.no
Tue May 9 16:25:05 PDT 2000

Monty wrote:

> > auth 5e74aff9 subscribe vorbis-dev karsn at online.no

My fault... didn't read the email carefully enough =)
Btw (I asked this in an earlier post, which I dont know if got trough).
Any development on the video-part of ogg? Is it even started?
I'm very interested, since I'm planning on starting a video-editor
project
for gnome, during my summer vacation.

Monty, you said in some interview (I think), that the video part of
ogg would be much easier than the audio-part, because it were more
stuff that weren't tried. Have you got any solid ideas on it yet, and
do any of you know of good pointers to documentation about general
video compression (excuse my newbie talk, but I'm a young developer,
which has a lot of stuff to learn ;).

The Ogg project rocks, and I really think few people realize the
importance
of it. Without free formats, free software will hit a wall some day.

        Karsten N. Strand - <karsten at lilo.no>