[vorbis-dev] ov_read bugfix (fwd)

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Mon May 15 23:29:36 PDT 2000

At 03:09 PM 5/15/00 -0700, you wrote:

>Folks:
>
>Granted, this slipped past my review too, but do *not* submit patches that
>have not been tested.  This bug was a no brainer; running the code only even
>once would have found it.

I noticed this bug a couple of days ago, but forgot to commit a fix - it
CANNOT cause a crash (it just does a trivial amount of useless redundant
work, and is unclear). The code definately works, but I'll commit the
correct fix (which is the removal of 4 lines in ov_read() tonight.

>I'm not pointing any fingers: I just want all of us to be properly careful.
>Testing new code is not suggested, it's required.

I suspected this had been tested - just not looked at very carefully ;)

Michael