[vorbis-dev] Re: [vorbis] Problems running example encoder/decoder

David Terrell dbt at meat.net
Fri May 12 14:22:05 PDT 2000

On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 01:42:12PM -0700, Monty wrote:

> > Wouldn't it be better to have it factored as a separate program, since no work
> > is shared?  It would be really nice to have a bolt-together set of tools meant
> > to operate on streams.
>
> Actually, *alot* of the work is shared.  But it does make sense to have the
> program answer to different argv[0] names to simplify usage.

I have a really simple command line util that will hopefully soon
approach these features.  Right now it just does  basic encoding,
I'll take a stab at playback, decoding, arbitrary output, and other
friends this weekend, after I've had a chance to poke at vorbisfile.

And yes, I am using argv[0] cases. :)

--
David Terrell             | "War is peace,
Prime Minister, Nebcorp   | freedom is slavery,