[vorbis-dev] Re: [vorbis] Problems running example encoder/decoder

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Thu May 11 02:53:28 PDT 2000

> I can hear Linus talking just by typing:
>
>   cat linus.wav >/dev/audio

Ah, a WAV wrapper around 8kHz mulaw.

> The compressor should compress arbitrary bit patterns successfully, even if
> they don't make sense, I'm sure you agree.
>
> Do I have a build problem here?  I'm running Mandrake 7, kernel 15, gcc 2.95.2,
> and basically all I did wast ./configure; make

You certainly shouldn't, unless you somehow got a dirty copy of CVS or a dirty
build.  I assume you've tried the maximum safe build, ie, a completely fresh
checkout (not over an existing checkout) and a make from there, or at least a
make clean;make if you've been doing incremental updates?

If that solves nothing, it's time to break out a debugger and chase it.  I'm
happy to step through that with you.

Monty