[vorbis-dev] Merge done

Tomas Berndtsson tomas at nocrew.org
Wed May 10 23:46:59 PDT 2000

Monty <xiphmont at xiph.org> writes:

> > putting in there and Be doesn't require the maths libraries, so
> > I have to delete the -lm's from the makefiles.
>
> Hrm... what does autoconf seem to think the platform string for a Be machine
> is?
>
> eg: i686-unknown-linux (well, *-*-linux* ;-)
> is *-*-be* a good guess?
>
> Given that, I can fix this at the root of the problem (in configure.in)

The latest automake package (config.guess/config.sub) has support for
these:

    BeBox:BeOS:*:*)     # BeOS running on hardware made by Be, PPC only.
        echo powerpc-be-beos
        exit 0 ;;
    BeMac:BeOS:*:*)     # BeOS running on Mac or Mac clone, PPC only.
        echo powerpc-apple-beos
        exit 0 ;;
    BePC:BeOS:*:*)      # BeOS running on Intel PC compatible.
        echo i586-pc-beos
        exit 0 ;;

Tomas