[vorbis-dev] digital silence; not bug?

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed May 10 13:48:47 PDT 2000

Greg,

I just tried encoding digital silence; I'm seeing [roughly] 0kbps like I should
be with the mainline.  How did you run your test?

notfish% head --bytes=10000k /dev/zero > ! zero.raw
snotfish% ./encoder_example < zero.raw > zero.ogg
snotfish% chaining_example < zero.ogg
Input bitstream contained 1 logical bitstream section(s).
Total bitstream playing time: 58 seconds

        logical bitstream section 1 information:
                44100Hz 2 channels bitrate 0kbps serial number=146195353
                compressed length: 17485 bytes  play time: 58s

Monty