[vorbis-dev] masking data graphs

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue Mar 28 21:18:05 PST 2000

Hi folks,

Since the ASA nixed the idea of posting those papers on the web, I distilled
out the raw masking curves.  I also added in a few of the raw masking curves as
published in "Paramaetric Bit Allocation in a Perceptual Audio Coder"; this
paper only mentions in passing that Dolby distilled their masking data for AC-3
research from both the Ehmer papers I already mentioned and later research done
by Loius Fielder.  I have the Fielder papers on order... hopefully they'll
arrive next week.

In http://www.xiph.org/ogg/paper I've placed an .xcf file containing the graphs
as overlays (this is a Gimp native file).  Use the 'Layers and Channels' menu to
make the desired layers visible.

Monty