[vorbis-dev] Masking papers

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon Mar 20 15:09:39 PST 2000

The ASA has written back;

They don't want the papers on the web; despite not being available right now,
they're apparently about to release a CDROM set containing all of the journal
issues back to 1929.  As Societies tend to make the bulk of their money on
reprints, it's understandable they want folks to go buy 'em.  The main point is
that the journals will be more easily accessible soon.

They told me they'd get me a convenient link to allow others who were
interested to buy the CDROM for a reasonable price once it was available.  I'm
going to get a copy of this myself; these particular journals are chock-full of
nifty stuff...

So, it looks like the papers can't go up on the website... but a summary of the
data (as appears in less detailed a million other places) is likely fair use in
terms of a paper on the mechanisms of Vorbis.

Monty