[vorbis-dev] cleaned up memory leaks

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Fri Mar 10 05:25:11 PST 2000

He everyone (and Peter especially),

I wrote a quick debugging malloc to keep track of allocated memory, and used it
to track down a slew of memory leaks including a few... amazing... memory
management bugs in vorbisfile.a.  The end result is a much happier xmms plugin.
These changes are now committed.

Next I'll be getting on a few minor API additions to give folks access to the
frequency domain data for EQ hacks.

Also, some good news on the research front; I've tracked down copies of the raw
data from the seminal masking research papers int he late fifties.  Hopefully,
these are the ones I've been thinking of and I'll be picking them up in a swing
through Boston this weekend.

Monty