[vorbis-dev] New version vorb_enc.dll

zitt at zittware.com zitt at zittware.com
Mon Jun 26 08:46:59 PDT 2000

Sounds like a good plan to me... however, I'd like to make a counter
suggestion.

How about a Superset of the BladeEnc interface? Maybe the new spec should
allow the old interface to work for "broken" / "old" clients... but should
be adaptable for new clients that want to support the bigger/better spec.

Just a suggestion,
John

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:43:40 +0200
 Holger Dors wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> > It will still work as a drop-in replacement for bladeenc.dll
> while I like the idea of one interface for all those great audio
> encoders, am I the only one who thinks that the BladeEnc interface is
> pushed beyond its limits? Just look at lame_enc, and compare that with
> all the options lame offers - there are a lot of them missing.
>
> Wouldn't it be a good time to come up with something like a "Common
> Encoder Interface", where BladeEnc, Lame, Vorbis and perhaps FAAC
> would fit in better?
>
> Just a thought...
>
> Regards,
>   Holger Dors 			  mailto:dors at kittelberger.de

This message sent using EMUmail -- http://www.emumail.com

Looking for the best deals available on the Net?

Try the Valet:

http://valet.flycast.com/valet/info/fc0494/?62741