libvorbis and gcc 2.95.2 + Re: [vorbis-dev] .ogg extension what the?

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Thu Jun 22 06:16:58 PDT 2000

>Now, the real topic:  Has anyone successfully compiled libvorbis using gcc
>2.95.2?  I got serious clipping and other assorted junk from the example
>decoder when I tried.  It would appear that there's some kind of serious
>math problem (I'm still using glibc 2.0, which might not help either).

Yes, it's entirely possible to use gcc 2.95.2 (indeed, I think that's
probably the most commonly used), but there ARE serious math problems with
glibc 2.0, as Monty mentioned. The makefiles turn off the inline math
functions, so this shouldn't bite you, but if you compile it without that
option, you WILL get this.

So just ensure that -D__NO_MATH_INLINES is used on the command line, and it
should be fine.