[vorbis-dev] Makefile dependencies in vorbis-tools

Ramakrishnan M rkrishnan at ti.com
Sun Jun 18 21:51:43 PDT 2000

volsung at asu.edu wrote:

> BTW, I've been trying to find a good introduction to DCT/MDCT.  I'm familiar
> with the concept of basis functions, I've just never run into discrete cosine
> transforms before.  Does anyone have some favorite signal processing texts?

There are some papers by James D Johnson in IEEE journals. I think the book
"Digital coding of waveforms" by Jayant and Noll should also help. More on
Basis functions may be obtained from a good Linear Algebra book like the book
by Gilbert Strang. Hope this asnwers your question

--
Ramakrishnan.M                            | Phone : (+91-80)-5099132
DSP Applications Group, Texas Instruments | email : rkrishnan at ti.com
Bangalore, India                          |         rkrishnan_m at yahoo.com