[vorbis-dev] vorbis-tools/Makefile.in glitch...

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Tue Jun 27 07:50:31 PDT 2000

I'm updating my vorbis rpm spec file, and when I try to do "make -C
vorbis-tools ogg123", due to rpm's build environment, I get lots of:

gcc  ogg123.o -o ogg123 -lm ../lib/libvorbis.a ../lib/vorbisfile.a
../lib/vorbisfile.a(vorbisfile.o): In function `_get_prev_page':
vorbisfile.o(.text+0x54): undefined reference to `ogg_sync_reset'
vorbisfile.o(.text+0xa9): undefined reference to `ogg_sync_pageseek'
vorbisfile.o(.text+0xd2): undefined reference to `ogg_sync_buffer'

This is obviously because libvorbis comes before vorbisfile on the command
line ;).  It really seems like we should be doing "-L../lib -lvorbis"
instead of ../lib/libvorbis.a though, and that would fix the problem.
Anybody have any objections to that, or any other suggestion of a propper
way to handle this?

If thats the right way, I'll just put it into CVS myself.

 -- Peter, taking a moment away from his day job...

"What is a magician but a practicing theorist?"
                -- Kenobi