[vorbis-dev] New version vorb_enc.dll

Adam Spragg adam_spragg at novaclarion.com
Mon Jun 26 09:02:52 PDT 2000

Holger Dors wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> > It will still work as a drop-in replacement for bladeenc.dll
> while I like the idea of one interface for all those great audio
> encoders, am I the only one who thinks that the BladeEnc interface is
> pushed beyond its limits? Just look at lame_enc, and compare that with
> all the options lame offers - there are a lot of them missing.
>
> Wouldn't it be a good time to come up with something like a "Common
> Encoder Interface", where BladeEnc, Lame, Vorbis and perhaps FAAC
> would fit in better?

Sounds good. If you talk to all of the above people, and get their input as
well, so that (hopefully) we can 'get it right' and not need another
interface update (at least for the near (3+ year) future), that would,
IMHO, be A Good Thing(tm).

Not just 'common' but 'open'. Get others to contribute (or at least offer
suggestions) to the design, and they'll probably be more likely to
implement it.

Just my £0.02

Adam

--