De-encoding DLL? (was Re: [vorbis-dev] Win32 DLL)

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Sat Jun 24 21:06:00 PDT 2000

At 02:25 PM 6/24/00 +0200, you wrote:

>> A Win32 DLL which exports just the extern functions from
>> vorbisfile.h, codec.h, etc, would not be very difficult to make (much
>> easier than a ACM codec ;), and can be used from any other Win32 app
>> quite easily. If anybody finds this interesting, I can try to put
>> something like this together for Win32.
>
>That would be very interesting =)
>I've been thinkin along those lines myself, but haven't gotten around to
>digging into the sources yet...
>I'd be happy to offer my help on this area however, so just let me know...
>
>Perhaps we should first agree on a suitable interface, ie what functionality
>to export?

OK, it seems that people want this. The functionality to export is pretty
clearly defined - basically what codec.h gives you. Possibly also
vorbisfile.h (I'm currently building this as a seperate library, mostly
because the unix Makefiles did this also).

If anyone wants this done, but doesn't care to do it themselves, let me
know, along with a concise explanation of how one specifies what functions
to export (I use MCVC 5) when building a dll.

Michael