[vorbis-dev] The Oft Maligned comment field, initial thoughts.

Adam Scriven scriven at lore.com
Sat Jun 17 17:28:03 PDT 2000

At 17:08 2000/06/17 -0700, you wrote:
>On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Gabriel Bouvigne wrote:
> > ISBN is International Serial Book Number, so of course it's required for a
> > book, but I don't see why would it be required for a cd.
>
>I'll have to ask my friends who work in retail, but having done a little
>reading, I'm certain that what David was referring to is the UPC
>(Universal Product Code). The number of digits is right (12 vs. 10) and
>the checksums I tried came out correctly.

I think they're called ISSN as well.
I forget what it stands for, but it's a more standard designation, ISBN
being book specific.
But I'm not 100% sure.

Since the CDDB is not open source, why not use the CDIndex method, as was
recommend back in the archives.
The guy who runs cdindex.org (I think) has another way of doing it, similar
to the CDDB way of dong it.  He recommended the XML spec for the MetaData, too.

Just an idea.
Adam
Adam
Toronto, Ontario, Canada