[vorbis-dev] Optimizing!

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Thu Jun 15 05:17:03 PDT 2000

So now that there aren't going to be any more wild branches affecting large
swaths of the code before 1.0, now is a good time to really start looking at
optimization.

(Actually, I still need to implement CBR, which will involve a branch and code
changes.  But this should not affect any of the code where there's serious
speed-critical work to do).

It seems like a month or two back I was beating off folks hell-bent on
optimizing with a large stick... unfortunately I seem to have succeeded.  I've
put away the stick...  Is anyone still interested? ;-)

Monty