[vorbis-dev] vorbis-tools

Kenneth C. Arnold kcarnold at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 16:23:19 PDT 2000

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 04:05:50PM -0700, Monty wrote:

> Kenneth Arnold's 'vorbis-tools' package is now in the mainline CVS.

A little info:

* I did not submit any updates to any of the documentation files, etc. So
  cry to me, not Monty...
* cd vorbis/vorbis-tools/ ; make ; make install (installs in /usr/local/bin)
* No autoconf anything. Anybody want to fix that (should be very easy).
* It's based on encoder-example.c and decoder-example.c, so this is just the
  first app (?) based on the example code.
* I'm coding up WAV output routines and buffering for ogg123 (play on mpg123,
  of course). I have a nice, IMHO, dynamic buffer implementation that relies
  on clone(2) to avoid messy I/O on sockets. Does anyone have a non-encumbered
  two-process buffer? I was thinking mmap like mpg123's xfermem (from somewhere
  else...), but any better ideas / implementations?
* Oh, I almost forgot. Have fun.

Kenneth Arnold

PS - Thanks Monty.