[vorbis-dev] Vorbis On Macintosh

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sun Jul 30 14:17:54 PDT 2000

> On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, Dan Weinand wrote:
>
> > I doubt that  their has been any development work on bringing vorbis to
> > the Mac. I am trying to do just that.

Chris Hansen has ported to MacOS X (not much to be done) and the core should
work in MacOS fine.  There are no MacOS plugins right now becuase Audion and
Panic told us they wanted to make the plugins in-house and shooed out MacOS
developers away.

There are no MacOS binaries because no one with a Mac has made them :-)

> >     I want to know whether  you think I should try to port it using the
> > various components tht are being used to bring vorbis to Be and others
> > OR if i should wait till September when the public beta of Mac Os X (
> > which is based on Unix). I have been told that unix stuff will be fairly
> > easy to port to X, especially BSD stuff. i was hoping the public beta
> > would be out by now so I could star development right away.
> >
> > Any ideas, comments, concearns, insults?
>
> Porting to OSX should be trivial. It's not worth worrying about.

It was demoed at WWDC in fact.  Did Chris ever send me the code for that?  I
seem to recall he did, but I can;t find it now....  Chris?

Monty