[vorbis-dev] libao testing

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Fri Jul 28 08:03:50 PDT 2000

Now that libao is integrated with ogg123, I was hoping that people with
platforms different than mine could test the operation of ogg123+libao.

I would really appreciate it if people testing ogg123 could send me email
(privately, NOT to the list) with the following information:

Hardware Platform: (Intel x86, MIPS, PowerPC, etc.)
Operating System: (Linux, NetBSD, IRIX, etc.)
Other sound libraries present: (libesd, libasound, etc.)
Does it configure? (sorry NetBSD!): (Yes/No)
Does it compile?: (Yes/No)
Does ogg123 play correctly?: (Yes/No)

I have to warn you: I could not test the IRIX or Solaris code at all.  They
probably don't even compile.  I need a guru on one of these platforms to
either fix the code and submit patches or I need to find an account on an IRIX
and Solaris box that can compile vorbis.  Additionally, I'm expecting problems
with big-endian systems.  I'm working on that problem today.

Thanks.

---
Stan Seibert