[vorbis-dev] Patch: ogg123 -> esd

Peter Surda psurda at byte.at
Thu Jul 13 15:21:30 PDT 2000

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 02:48:58PM -0700, volsung at asu.edu wrote:
> > I patched ogg123 so that it can use esd (only local socket currently).
> Actually, the libao patch that I'm holding on to until Kenneth gets back
> supports OSS, ESD, ALSA, WAV, IRIX, and Solaris, with Win32 coming along as
> soon as I can figure out the API.
Cool. Good to know that. My patch is just a quick hack to see whether it
works.

To ALL: ogg123 seems to be VERY slow, eats like 19% CPU when compiled with
-march=pentiumpro -mpentiumpro, reniced to -20, on a PII/350. Will someone do
something about it? And when will the progress info be ready? I'm building a
multimedia jukebox and want ogg to be supported with all the features :-)

Bye,

Peter Surda (Shurdeek) <surda at bigfoot.com>, ICQ 10236103, +4369910964300

--
              The best things in life are free, but the
                expensive ones are still worth a look.