[vorbis-dev] True surround sound for Ogg -- a proposal (fwd)

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue Jul 11 04:28:39 PDT 2000

Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:51:12 +0100 (BST)
From: DG Malham <dgm2 at york.ac.uk>
To: vorbis-dev at xiph.org
Cc: DG Malham <dgm2 at york.ac.uk>, Rob Fletcher <rpf1 at york.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: [vorbis-dev] True surround sound for Ogg -- a proposal (fwd)

Hi,
        Rob Fletcher forwarded this to me as one of the researchers most
involved in Ambisonics currently. I am, at this moment, developing a set
of new subcommands for the Snack audio extension to Tcl/Tk which handle
Ambisonic panning, soundfield manipulation, decoding and mixing. The
panning one is almost finished and the others should follow soon after. It
has proved unbelievable easy to write new stuff for this package - less
than two weeks from starting to look at how to do it to having most
functions working (and that's despite doing other things and being
horribly rusty on the C programming side). This will be open source C code
and I would be very happy for it to be incorporated in Ogg.

Dave Malham.

/* Dave Malham            "http://www.york.ac.uk/depts/music/dgm.htm"     */
/* Music Technology Group "http://www.york.ac.uk/inst/mustech/welcome.htm"*/
/* Department of Music    "http://www.york.ac.uk/depts/music/welcome.htm" */
/* The University of York  Phone 01904 432448                             */
/* Heslington              Fax   01904 432450                             */
/* York YO1 5DD                                                           */
/* UK                     'Ambisonics - Component Imaging for Audio'      */
/*          "http://www.york.ac.uk/inst/mustech/3d_audio/ambison.htm"     */

------- End of Forwarded Message