[vorbis-dev] XML Format Suggestion

Aaron King islandblend at home.com
Fri Jul 28 22:47:23 PDT 2000

> > Hi,
> >
> > I suggest using basic XML type tags for the file information,
> so a typical .ogg
> > file would look like:
> >
> > <ogg>
> >     <author>Beethoven</author>
> >     <title>kreutzer violin</title>
> >     <oggaudio1.1>binary information here...</oggaudio1.1>
> > </ogg>
> >
> > this would be make it easy to embed .ogg files in documents and format
> > additions.
>
> But what about streaming? What if you pick up the stream after it
> passes the
> tags that are equivalent to the comment headers? Your approach at
> face value
> won't work in that case (though it would be fine for
> locally-stored files).
>
> Kenneth

Well why don't we have a property something like:

<ogg>
        <author>Tom Petty</author>
        <title>Free Fallen</title>
        <size>2435b</size>
        <oggaudio1.1>binary info until the 2435th byte</oggaudio1.1>
</ogg>

Would this solve the problem?

-Aaron

P.S. Pardon me if this is terribly off base. I am new to the project and new
to Linux development in general so constructive criticism would be nice.