[vorbis-dev] Decoder example question

Chris Hirsch chirsch at tecomac.com
Mon Jul 24 08:38:07 PDT 2000

Hey all...I'm trying to use the decoder_example.c in the examples directory
to decode a .ogg file that was encoded by using the binary encoder
ogglame.exe and encoded via the encoder_example.c. I'm running into a
problem with the decoder though. It plays FINE under the WinAmp plugin but I
when I try and use the decoder_example.c to decode the file it says "End of
file before finding all Vorbis headers!"

Snippet from ln 169
 /* no harm in not checking before adding more */
      buffer=ogg_sync_buffer(&oy,4096);
      bytes=fread(buffer,1,4096,stdin);
      if(bytes==0 && i<2){
        fprintf(stderr,"End of file before finding all Vorbis headers!\n");
        exit(1);
      }
For whatever reason bytes is comming back as 0...can sombody please tell me
what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for the help!
Chris

--
Chris Hirsch                                       http://www.Tecomac.com

chris at Tecomac.com                          What?  Me Worry?  Linux Inside
<INSERT RANDOM WAAAAY COOL QUOTE HERE>