[vorbis-dev] possible bug in _f0_fit_clear (BOUNCE vorbis-dev@xiph.org: Non-member submission from [&quot;Dimitry Andric&quot; <dimit (fwd)

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Jul 19 12:19:40 PDT 2000

> Anyway, Monty, would you please consider moving the codebooks from
> header files to .c files somewhere in the future (if at all possible
> of course)?  Since this would save a lot of redundancy when several
> applications use the same vorbis (shared) libraries.

Only the encoder uses those tables, and the tables are likely to change more
often than the shared lib under them.  Not including them in the shared lib
also substantially slims down *de*coders (the encoder size, in fact, is mostly
these tables, not code).

However, the whole .vqh thing is a hack that's nearing the end of its life.
Before 1.0 final, I expect to replace them with packed binary files (which
both eliminates a potential source of library revision incompatability as well
as saving more space).

Monty