[vorbis-dev] possible bug in _f0_fit_clear

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Tue Jul 18 21:45:36 PDT 2000

At 09:39 PM 7/17/00 +0200, you wrote:
>I seem to be having a small problem, with _f0_fit_to_clear,
>basically I get a segment violation when trying to seek,
>(it seems to take two seeks before it falls over)
>and for some vorbis file after playback as finished.

I was having a (possibly related) problem with the xmms plugin the other
day (whilst testing some unrelated changes).

On a couple of files (older ones), xmms crashed with a segfault. Running it
under gdb showed it crashing in the same function as you mentioned, but gdb
was freezing up, so I couldn't get further information. I was going to get
back to that, but haven't had time.

It happens as soon as the plugin tries to play a file (no idea where
exactly, since I can't get a backtrace or anything useful like that),
rather than after explicit seeking.

Monty - this is on the mainline. Everything else seems to work (a
straightforward decode with ogg123 or decoder_example seems to work
perfectly).

I'll try and track this down further, but I'll probably not find time until
tomorrow.

Michael