[vorbis-dev] Compiling ogg lib on VC6...

Kovacs kovacs at mt.lv
Wed Jul 5 05:02:27 PDT 2000

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Jonathan Blow wrote:

> Kovacs wrote:
> >
> > Those project files in vorbis_vc6 dir builds a static library. But ok, i
> > will make my own project file for it.
>
> The static library thing is because, at least in the near term, the
> interfaces for vorbis were changing a lot so I felt that it was a good
> idea not to pretend that a dynamic library would be of any use.
> If there is enough demand, and if things have stabilized on the
> API end, I'll add a dynamic library to the vc6 project that's in the
> tree.
>
> Any comments on this?

Yep... It would be nice... ;) Because if interface wont be changing too
much it will be easy to update library if it will be dll, without
recompiling working program. Besides- as vorbis is under lgpl, then
everybody should be able to relink vorbis, just by updating dll, not that
programmers should provide their object files to do this.

        Kovacs