[vorbis-dev] Bugfix patch for vorbize, compat patch for grip

Lucas Bradstreet ghaz at styx.net
Sat Jul 1 10:59:46 PDT 2000

Hey.

Last night I hacked grip so that it'd allow me to use vorbize and comments with
grip. It's very ugly because grip'd need a bit of rearrangement in order to
facilitate the way the vorbis comments work (that is, the comments are not added
in after the encoded file has been written). Any one who wants to use it should
patch grip-2.94 (http://www.nostatic.org/grip), and make sure you disable id3,
and change the 'MP3 file format' to output the files to '.ogg's. I'll probably
email the author of grip tommorow and find out what sort of rearranging it'd
take to include transparent vorbize/ogglame support.

The vorbize patch fixes a problem that occurs when the user only uses one
comment field (eg. album, track title or artist), and it segfaults. If someone
with cvs write access could please apply, as Kenneth is away, that'd be great.

Lucas

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/octet-stream attachment: vorbize_comment_bugfix.diff.gz
</UL>