[vorbis-dev] State of Vorbis

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Jan 12 03:35:20 PST 2000

Hi folks,

First a heads-up; I'm in the midst of getting all the VQ code integrated with
libvorbis, as well as setting down the final header format.  The code in CVS is
currently half-there and as such doesn't build.  It'll be fixed soon (that's
what I'm doing right now).

I'm finishing the VQ code integration (the codebook module passes its self
tests; that encompasses packing, unpacking, and using codebooks for encoding
and decoding.  The code for generating codebooks was finished last week).  All
the VQ infrastructure is complete and will be integrated in the next day or so,
then I just need to add the code that *uses* the VQ :-)  That's partially in
place now; the LSP coefficients will be the first VQ-ized output.  All that's
left after that is residue.

Monty