[vorbis-dev] Richard Stallman responds.

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Thu Feb 17 14:20:48 PST 2000

> Would you please post something saying that this statement about
> my vies is drastically mistaken:
>
>     Actually, RMS openly condemns any commercialization of software.  He also
>     equates being paid for writing software with prostitution.
>
> Neither of these is true.

Well, he was ranting pretty hard when he said those things...  I don't have
direct quotes as I didn't write it down.

Regardless, the response was completely reasonable, and I'm happy to forgive
RMS what was either just flaming years ago, (or ask forgiveness for
misremembering the meaning of rants from as far back).

Monty