[vorbis-dev] Decode questions

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Feb 16 15:02:01 PST 2000

> > # cdparanoia -B 1-1
> > # ./encoder-example < track01.cdda.wav > test.vor

Oh, btw, this we be a new flamewar, but I've been using '.ogg' since it's an
ogg bitstream.... but most people will know this as Vorbis. Shall we decide on
the official extension now if any?   We don't actually *need* one...

> Oop, sorry, I though I committed the fix for this... the residue header
> unpacking is out of sync with the packing and the decoder example doesn't check
> the return value.

I was wrong.  I'd committed a default mode that included an invalid codebook
in modes.h.  The decoder checks its unpack parameters, saw it was bogus and
returned an error that the decoder_example didn;t check for.  I committed a
good copy.  All is well.

Monty