[vorbis-dev] About Encoding decoding and playing vorbis in a java application ...

Aaron Porter aaron at javasource.org
Thu Dec 21 10:19:55 PST 2000

I don't think there's any code to encode Vorbis with Java yet. We are
working on a JNI wrapper for the Vorbis libs. It may be a few weeks before
it's finished.

If you are looking for a pure Java decoder and player check out JOrbis. It
decodes in Java and can send the output through JMF. I haven't got it to
play on the iMac yet though. Anybody else have any luck?
http://www.jcraft.com/jorbis

Aaron