[vorbis-dev] Debian package problems (fwd)

Ralph Giles giles at ashlu.bc.ca
Fri Dec 1 12:46:46 PST 2000

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 22:37:55 -0800 (PST) crusius at stanford.edu wrote:

> Hi. First of all, congratulations on the nice job. I downloaded your
> Debian packages for the libraries and ogg123, but the dependencies are
> wrong: the stable version of Debian (potato) ships with libc6 version
> 2.1.3, but your packages require version 2.1.97.

I've built potato versions from the beta3 tarballs on vorbis.com/~jack.

They're not extensively tested, but hopefully will be easier than the
unstable versions for those using potato. You can download them from

http://snow.ashlu.bc.ca/ogg/debian/potato/

directly, or add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list :

deb http://snow.ashlu.bc.ca/ogg/debian potato/

to have them available normally. Please let me know if you discover any
issues.

 -ralph

giles at ashlu.bc.ca