[vorbis-dev] ogg123 / Solaris

Kenneth C. Arnold kcarnold at arnoldnet.net
Sat Dec 30 08:46:38 PST 2000

According to Jeff Squyres (sometime around Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 01:01:39AM -0500):
> Speaking of ogg123 fixes and Solaris...  <getopt.h> doesn't appear to
> exist in Solaris.  Hence, ogg123 won't compile on Solaris at all (even
> with gcc).
>
> I originally mentioned this back in November
> (http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis-dev/200011/0291.html).
>
> Can this be fixed?

Thanks for bringing this up again. Yes it can be fixed, with an
oggenc-style approach: local copies of getopt. I have come up with
several ways of sharing the source files between the two programs, but
none are completely satisfactory with automake expecting things to be
certain ways ... can somebody figure this out (Jack?)

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> / kcarnold / Linux user #180115
http://arnoldnet.net/~kcarnold/

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>