[vorbis-dev] Trying to build on Windows (Part 2)

Firelight Multimedia support at fmod.org
Sun Dec 17 03:26:49 PST 2000

Are you kidding? It takes 5.5-6% cpu on my p3-500 just to play 1 stereo
file! (from the reference source)..  unless althon does things a lot better
than the pentium, or you have your own optimiziations, i think those cpu
measurements seem quite suspicious.

Brett
ps, i tried vorbis with the new intel beta compiler with simd and platform
targeting, i got excited when it said it vectorized about 20 of the loops in
the vorbis project (with SSE and MMX) , but it actually went slower for some
reason (6.5%) .. bummer.