[vorbis-dev] patents and separate entropy coding

Davy Durham david.durham at wcom.com
Fri Dec 15 12:51:56 PST 2000

I have an idea....    Break the encoder into 2 'separate' projects.....

One project (named 'O')  takes PCM audio and transforms it into the frequecy
domain....  Great...

The other project (name 'gg') takes frequecy domain *data* and performs entropy
encoding on it... Great again....

Noone will actually want to use each project separately (well, they might)....
But the normal user will always use the two separate projects in succession.....
And no one here is at fault for that....

Problem solved: ;)
    --Davy

Then another totally separate project