[vorbis-dev] patents and separate entropy coding

Borgerding, Mark A. MarkAB at xetron.com
Fri Dec 15 12:17:27 PST 2000

You've probably already attacked this claim, but here's my $0.02:

        Claim # 10
        10. A coding process according to claim 9, further comprising the
steps of:
        utilizing different code tables for different spectral ranges; and
        setting borders between the different spectral ranges dependent upon
the signal.

Since Vorbis does not separate the frequency ranges via a filter bank, it
cannot use "different code tables for different spectral ranges".  Right?