[vorbis-dev] File Format Documentation

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Mon Dec 11 06:14:28 PST 2000

At 03:06 PM 12/11/00 +0100, you wrote:
>> As for source portability - libvorbis is significantly
>> more portable than java (there are already people using libvorbis on
>> platforms for which no java runtime exists). Since you know C (if not
>
>Java is not portable at all; it runs on just _one_ machine (the JVM).
>|-)

Well, if you want to argue it like that... sure ;)

libvorbis is portable to more platforms than JVMs exist on. How about that?

I can't think of any platforms which libvorbis hasn't already been ported
to (other than things that wouldn't have enough cpu power to do realtime
decoding) that a JVM is available for. I can think of platforms that
libvorbis HAS been ported to that a JVM isn't available for.

Michael