[vorbis-dev] libao

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Wed Aug 30 21:20:36 PDT 2000

> is libao a separate project, or is it's main life in vorbis cvs?

It's a sorta-separate project incubating in the vorbis CVS.  I originally
started with some other guy's GPL'ed audio output code and it now bears little
resemblance to it.  It seems like someone might want something like this in
another project, so I'm trying to keep it self-contained so it is easy to move
to a new home if needed.

The basic rule of thumb is that the vorbis-tools can depend on libao, but
libao should not depend on vorbis or the vorbis-tools.

---
Stan Seibert