[vorbis-dev] Resend of NetBSD patch

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Aug 30 12:22:51 PDT 2000

> > I agree in principle but disagree in the case of configure (and only in the
> > case of configure).  It isn't large.
>
> No, but it is susceptible to lots of changes all the time. Will you also
> put in aclocal.m4? How about config.h?

Please think about an argument before making it ;-)

configure is standalone.  aclocal.m4 isn't part of the source or generated
intot he source and we don't even use config.h (which would be generated by
configure anyway).  Not everyone has autoconf; it's common on Linux, much less
common everywhere else.

As for lots of small changes to configure, it will be a change for each change
of configure.in, and cvs.xiph.org is not exactly hurting for disk space.

Monty