[vorbis-dev] comparisons

Nelson Rush chesterrr at att.net
Tue Aug 22 18:47:23 PDT 2000

<nod> That I understand, I've dabbled in compression. It just seemed that
gzip had significantly reduced the size IMHO. When you have thousands of
these files on your system, 10k to 30k reduction per file can be a lot. I
was actually suprised that it made that much of a difference. It did succeed
in making the ogg smaller than the mp3, which was what my goal was. Now I
just need to hack the plugin to deflate on the fly. ;-)