[vorbis-dev] J. River (makers of Media Jukebox) interested in helping with development...

Matt Ashland matt at jriver.com
Fri Aug 18 08:18:43 PDT 2000

Hello everyone,

This is Matt Ashland, a developer for J. River, the makers of the popular
freeware program Media Jukebox. (some of you may know me better as the
author Monkey's Audio).  Our development team here at J. River is quite
interested in helping with the development of Ogg Vorbis.  The licensing
restrictions of other formats (namely mp3) are becoming somewhat
problematic for us, and we'd like to help develop the alternative.  Vorbis
seems like the clear cut choice for a new, completely open and free
standard.  In our tests, Ogg's sound quality is already superior to mp3
(LAME or Fhg) and other formats on many of our tests.

Honestly, we're not completely sure how to jump in and start helping, or
even if we'd be welcome.  If anyone could fill us in with some details,
that'd be wonderful.  You can reach me at matt at jriver.com or through this
mailing list.

Thanks for all of your awesome work on Ogg and take care.

-Matt Ashland (matt at jriver.com)