[vorbis-dev] ACM driver binary 'release'

Florian Bruckner h9651030 at miraculix.wu-wien.ac.at
Sun Aug 13 05:41:11 PDT 2000

Dear vorbis developer community,

time has come to release a first binary of the ACM driver. I need some
feedback of what it does or does not. Please not that this is still a
"private" release that is only intended for use by the vorbis developer
community, therfore I ask you not to distribute it, you can expect that
future version of the driver won't be compatible to this binary.

The package contains two variants of the driver, an optimised build and a
debug build. The debug build does a lot of output through the debugger
interface of Windows. This might be useful if you want to see what the
driver does. A program to capture the debug output is DebugView which can be
downloaded from http://www.sysinternals.com/dbgview.htm

INSTALLATION:
Go into the directory where the binary and .inf file resides, in the
Explorer right-click on oggcodec.inf and select "Installation". That's it.

CONTRIBUTING:
If you are interested in contributing to the driver and have some experience
in coding for Win32 and/or vorbis, send me a message, I will appreciate it.

best regards,
Florian

ftp://vorbisacm.sourceforge.net/pub/vorbisACM/oggacm-alpha-20000813.zip