[vorbis-dev] Ogg VEO Codec, video in an Ogg stream

Jelle Foks jelle-foks at list.dedris.nl
Thu Aug 31 02:52:31 PDT 2000

Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Taral wrote:
>
> > On 30 Aug, Monty wrote:
> >
> > > Do, please.  I've known about techniques for avoiding edge effects in wavelets
> > > for some time, but I've never bothered to track down papers.  Do you also have
> > > references to offer for non-circular wavelet transforms?
> >
> > I'm not familiar with the term. You are using integer lifting for your
> > wavelets, right?
> >
> > That paper is:
> >
> > Christopher M. Brislawn, "Classification of Nonexpansive Symmetric
> > Extension Transforms for Multirate Filter Banks"
>
> This paper plagued me for some time. I found a .ps of it on the net a
> while ago, but can't seem to find one again?
>
> Anyone have a link?

Found it! (At least, the final draft)

C. M. Brislawn, "Classification of nonexpansive symmetric extension
transforms for multirate filter banks," Applied and Comp. Harmonic
Analysis, vol. 3, pp. 337--357, 1996, ISSN: 1063-5203

If you have a subscription to the magazine, or if you work at one of the
subscribed/licensed institutes, you can get the published .PDF here
(otherwise just the abstract):
http://www.idealibrary.com/links/toc/acha/3/4/0

This is the magazine's homepage: http://www.apnet.com/www/journal/ha.htm
This is the author's homepage: http://www.c3.lanl.gov/~brislawn/

>From which you can find in
ftp://wwwc3.lanl.gov/pub/misc/WSQ/documents/README:

acha96          "Classification of nonexpansive symmetric extension
                transforms for multirate filter banks," final version.
                Includes description of FBI wavelet transform algorithm.
                Heavily revised version of "Classification of symmetric
                wavelet transforms."  In: Applied & Computational
                Harmonic Analysis, v. 3, pp. 337--357 (1996).
                (formerly classify.ps)  Author: C. Brislawn

So the link you're looking for is:

ftp://wwwc3.lanl.gov/pub/misc/WSQ/documents/acha96.ps.Z

Cya,

Jelle.