[vorbis-dev] Ogg VEO Codec, video in an Ogg stream

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Tue Aug 29 23:31:34 PDT 2000

the basic algorith was based on Debauchies wavelets in 3 dimensions.

X * Y * frame

we encoded a 512x256x32 block (limitation of the algorithm of 2^x) and
then discarded the low order vectors. (95% discarded is about the quality
of jpegs..)

to get the image back, just to the iDWT on the sparse matrix you get from
encode.

the real tricks monty helped us figure out where in compressing vector
information and such.  the wavelet ideas were hatamoto's, with some help
from numerical recipes.

We have code for a limited encoder, and a limited decoder, but not using
the optimizations for vector storage.  It's not really usable, but it does
demonstrate the technique.  I can put it up if you guys are really
interested :)

jack.