[vorbis-dev] Resend of NetBSD patch

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Tue Aug 29 17:44:58 PDT 2000

> > I think my NetBSD patch got lost.  I've reattached it.  Could whoever commits
> > it please email me so I know it went in?  (Or better yet, is CVS write access
> > a possibility?)
>
> Ah, I remember this one...
>
> configure is an autogenerated file. One modifies configure.in not configure
> (or is libao being done weirdly?)

Yeah, but most people aren't going to run autoconf everywhere there is a
configure.in script after they checkout CVS.  Since configure is autogenerated
once for all platforms, I figure that keeping the current configure.in and
configure committed in CVS makes everyone's life a little easier.  It's not
like the Makefile.in->Makefile relationship where each platform potentially
has a different Makefile.

Besides, this means that people don't need autoconf to compile vorbis.  Or so
I think.  Corrections from the audience welcome.

---
Stan Seibert