[vorbis-dev] Optimization and doubles vs. floats

Timothy J. Wood tjw at omnigroup.com
Tue Aug 29 14:38:02 PDT 2000

From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at eastsite.nl>
>Except, of course, your code doesn't compile anymore 'cause your header
>files need double to be double. And anyway, what he wants is not float,
>but Altivec.

  Is there some reason there isn't a 'VorbisFloat' typedef that can be
switched between float and double (and obviously this would need to be used
instead of 'double' everywhere)?

  Well, I do want floats as far as memory layout goes (they should also be
16-byte aligned for the maximum ease of use).

-tim