[vorbis-dev] WinAmp Streaming

Aaron Porter aaron at javasource.org
Thu Aug 24 12:48:37 PDT 2000

Gregory,
Thanks for making me stop and think about what I was doing. :-)

I changed the plugin to accept "http://" and presto! It worked! I set up the
vorbis plugin to test for the "application/x-ogg" content type before
responding to the "isourfile" call so now "http://" works for both vorbis
and MP3 on my machine! I'm not sure if all machines will go through the
plugins in the same order as my machine so I'm requesting people with winamp
to try out the modified vorbis plugin.

You can get the plugin here:
http://216.190.27.109/in_vorbis.dll

Here's the modified source for the plugin:
http://216.190.27.109/vorbis.c

If you want to compile the new source you'll have to link to ws2_32.lib for
the windows sockets stuff.

Here's a site where you can find some Vorbis and MP3 URLs to test:
http://indiepopradio.com/download/

Please let me know if it works for you (offline).

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!
Aaron