[vorbis-dev] Parallelism

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at lsc.nd.edu
Wed Aug 16 07:33:09 PDT 2000

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Adam Scriven wrote:

> [snipped]
> advantage of it (I want to do this for my CD collection, too.  Got some
> spare 486's kicking around. 8-) ).

This was the motivation for parallel bladeenc -- I just got tired of
waiting around for my CDs to be encoded.  :-)

> Is the coding required for parallelism detrimental in for single-CPU
> uses?

Not sure what you mean here...

> If so, could it be enabled/disabled with a command-line switch, or
> would that add too-much overhead (like a FAT binary for MacOS when
> switching from 0x0 to PPC)?

It can definitely be enabled/disabled from a command line switch.

{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} squyres at cse.nd.edu
{+} Perpetual Obsessive Notre Dame Student Craving Utter Madness
{+} "I came to ND for 4 years and ended up staying for a decade"